As Christians, God has called us to love everyone. Jesus did so in His ministry on earth. He loved corrupt tax collectors, the uneducated Galileen fishermen, the Samaritan woman who had been married five times and was living with a man, and the woman caught in the act of adultery. He loved everyone one. However, He did not love their sin. To the adulteress He forgave He warned, "Go and sin no more."
Homosexuality is not a civil rights issues, it is a "sin" issue. God's Word gives us His prospective on the whole issue:
*The biblical case against the act of homosexuality is found in Lev 18.22, 20.13; Deut 23.18, Mat 5.17-19; Rom 1.18-27; 1 Cor 6.9-11 and Rev 21.27, and God underscored His Word by destroying the sodomy of Sodom and Gomorrah (Gen 19: 5, 24).
Bible-believing Christians have been attacked because of their stand on morality and clearly stating what is and is not sin. Tragically, many churches have given in to the ways of the world by and accepting sinful ways as something that is natural, normal, and acceptable. Some churches have chosen not to make a public stand one way or the other concerning homosexuality. Others have even allowed the ordination of homosexuals as ministers. Some are conducting same-sex marriage ceremonies. All of this is contrary to the Word of God, and has allowed the ways and teachings of Satan to enter into the Church.
One of the chief goals of the homosexual agenda is to advance it lifestyle through public schools.
This occurred quickly after gay marriage was imposed in Massachusetts, where homosexual relationships are taught to children as young as kindergartners, as recounted by the decision of Parker v. Hurley.
In a 1992 report by John Leo in U.S. News and World Report, he notes some books which were part of New York City's public school curriculum:
The first-grade book, "Children of the Rainbow," on page 145, which states that teachers must "be aware of varied family structures, including...gay or lesbian parents," and "children must be taught to acknowledge the positive aspects of each type of household." Another children book is "Heather Has Two Mommies," which is about a lesbian couple having a child through artificial insemination. Another book, "Gloria Goes to Gay Pride," states "Some women love women, some men love men, some women and men love each other. That's why we march in the parade, so everyone can have a choice."
Mr. Leo commented,"A line is being crossed here; in fact, a brand new ethic is descending upon the city's public school system. The traditional civic virtue of tolerance (if gays want to live together, it's their own business) has been replaced with a new ethic requiring approval and endorsement (if gays want to live together, we must 'acknowledge the positive aspects' of their way of life)."
- Several years ago, in his book, "Shadow In The Land," Republican Congressman William Dannemeyer of California exposed the true agenda of the homosexual movement. According to him, homosexuals make the following claims:
"But now the tide has turned. We have at last 'come out,' and in so doing we have exposed the mean-spirited nature of Judeo/Christian morality. You have been narrow-minded and self-righteous. But with the help of a growing number of your own membership, we are going to force you to recant everything you have ever believed or said about sexuality. Here are some of the things you will be expected to affirm, in the process of renouncing love, marriage, and family:"
"(1) Henceforth homosexuality will be spoken of in your churches and synagogues as an 'honorable estate.'
(2) You can either let us marry people of the same sex or better yet abolish marriage altogether, since it will give the lie to everything you have said and done in the past about sexuality.
(3) You will also be expected to offer ceremonies that bless our sexual arrangements, whether or not you retain marriage as something to be celebrated in your churches.
(4) You will also instruct your young people in homosexual as well as heterosexual behavior, and you will go out of your way to make certain that homosexual youths are allowed to date, attend religious functions together, openly display affection, and enjoy each other's sexuality without embarrassment or guilt.
(5) If any of the older people in your midst object, you will deal with them sternly, making certain they renounce their ugly and ignorant homophobia or suffer public humiliation.
(6) You will also make certain that all of the prestige and resources of your institution are brought to bear on the community, so that laws are passed forbidding discrimination against homosexuals and heavy punishments are assessed. We expect and demand the same commitment to us that you made to blacks and to women, though their suffering has not been as great as ours.
(7) Finally, we will in all likelihood want to expunge a number of passages from your Scriptures and rewrite others, eliminating preferential treatment of marriage and using words that will allow for homosexual interpretations of passages describing biblical lovers such as Ruth and Boaz or Solomon and the Queen of Sheba.
They issued this warning: "If all of these things do not come to pass quickly, we will subject orthodox Jews and Christians to the most sustained hatred and vilification in recent memory. We have captured the liberal establishment and the press. We have already beaten you on a number of battlefields. And we have the spirit of the age on our side. You have neither the faith nor the strength to fight us, so you might as well surrender now."
- The homosexual agenda is clearly anti-family, anti-moral, anti-Christian, anti-Judaic, and anti-Biblical! The demands of their agenda are frightening!
"Today's opinion is the product of a Court, which is the product of a law-profession culture, that has largely signed on to the so-called homosexual agenda, by which I mean the agenda promoted by some homosexual activists directed at eliminating the moral opprobrium (morally wrong) that has traditionally attached to homosexual conduct."
As a Christian and as a pastor, I must raise my voice in protest. I must give the warning of God's Word:
"For the wrath of God is revealed from Heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness (wickedness) suppress the truth. (Romans 1:18)
"Righteousness exalts a nation: but sin is a reproach (disgrace) to any people."(Proverbs 14:34).
It is not a matter of civil rights, it is a matter of right and wrong, moral and immoral, good and evil. As a Christian, I love every human being, will minister to every human being, will pray with any human being but I will not love nor endorse their sin. I will articulate a scriptural resistance to the evil that is sweeping the land.
Pastor Michael Edds